Monday, February 16, 2009

Made Famous by Food Network




Jimmy and I saw the Stoney Creek Inn on Food Network's Diners, Driv-ins & Dives and decided to check in out while we were in Maryland this past Sunday. They are known for their crab, so Jimmy and I being crab lovers, we had to try it. Pulling up it, it is across the street from a sketchy looking marina but we went in anyways. The place was really small but had a patio outside for when the weather gets nice. Jimmy and I each ordered a cup of thick crab chowder which was really good. On the show they had advertised blue crab that they steam and just throw on your table and you essentially just peel and eat and make a mess. That must be a seasonable thing because it wasn't on the menu so we each orderd a crab breaded and fried stuffed with a crab cake. It wasn't the best I had ever had but it was ok.


I basically just got really frustrated after a while trying to peel off all of the breading to get to the crab inside. I do not think I would recommend this place to anyone, not because it was horrible but it just didn't leave a lasting impression...not to mention I got a little sick from it. As you can see in the picture I am smiling and happy because I have not eaten the crab yet...

1 comment:

  1. Oh that stinks! I hate getting my hopes up (especially when food is involved) and then being dissappointed. I guess the up side to it is that when you find a good restuarant you really appreciate it. :-)

    ReplyDelete